Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dorothea Lange





Dorothea Lange is a historic photographer. She is known as one of the best woman photographers in history. I chose Dorothea Lange for this project because her photograph, "Migrant Mother" is one of my favorites. She captures the exact feeling of a person. The Great Depression is an important historic time, and Dorothea Lange was given the chance to photograph this. She put peoples feelings in a photograph and showed expressions. I also love how the photo's show the darkness and "dirtiness" of the people. These people weren't clean around this time of the depression, and her photo's captured it all.

The first image is of Dorothea Lange herself. I love this picture because it truly express's who she is. I also love the shoes she is wearing!
The second image is of her famous "Migrant Mother" photo. Truly a historic photograph.
The third image is of a young working farm boy. You can tell that it's a hot day working in the fields. This image reminds me of home when I would work in the pumpkin fields with my family.
The fourth image is of one her many famous mother photographs. Lange would take photo's of many women and their children, to show the expressions of how they feel during the depression. I love looking at these photo's of the children with their mothers. Definitely my favorite.
The fifth image is of another mother with her baby. She looks very helpless and worried for her family. I like to look at the types of shelter these families would live in.

Overall, Dorothea Lange was by far not a hard choice to choose. Her photographs are just simply amazing to look at.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I was googling for Dorothea Lange and I stumbled upon your blog and I though I 'd say hi. I am Chris and I am interested in photography and I find your entries quite promising. I hope you do not mind for introducing myself like that. I though maybe we can talk about photography and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie

    I was looking for photos of Dorothea Lange for a history section on my own website and came across your blog. It’s good to see people are still interested in photographic history.

    ReplyDelete